WELFARE COMMITTEE GHORGUSHTI (WCG) RULES (2023- 24)
“We strive towards protecting WCG Interests and the services we have offered for more than 40 years to our members. Working impartially and without favouritism. We expect the sincerity and integrity we demonstrate is reflected in your cooperation as current members and “new applicants” In Sha Allah.
Please bear in mind. WE DO NOT TOLERATE ANY REQUESTS OF FAVOURITISM. THE RULES APPLY COEQUALLY TO ALL WCG MEMBERS. ANY MEMBER PERSISTING CONTRARILY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR REMOVAL FROM WCG.
1. ONCE OFFICIALLY A WCG MEMBER: YOU AGREE TO WCG TERMS, HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD WCG RULES, CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROMISE TO ABIDE BY THE THEM. IT IS THE MEMBERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES/ RULES ETC.
ALL NEW MEMBERS WILL BE ISSUED WITH A MEMBERSHIP NUMBER. YOU MUST ALWAYS QUOTE YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER/ INITIAL AND SURNAME IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE, otherwise we have no means of recognising whom you are.
HEALTH: ALL NEW WCG MEMBERS MUST “OPENENLY DISCLOSE” with any application any serious health concerns. We require you to inform us of any serious health issue, as failing to disclose this may result in jeopardising your cover/ claim. WCG will not be liable to pay any fees if it discovers failure to disclose serious health issues/ terminal illness!
2. THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE: THIS IS CONSIDERED AS LILLAH: [Charity with the intention of Pleasing Allah Azawajal UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED] AND WILL BE USED FOR IT’S SAID PURPOSE BY THE ENTRUSTED SHURA MEMBERS. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REQUEST THE MONEY BACK ONCE THE FEE HAS BEEN MADE. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT OF OPTING OUT OF ANY FUTURE PAYMENTS WHICH WILL RESULT IN BEING REMOVED FROM THE MEMBERSHIP.
3. WCG UPDATES: ALL UPDATES WILL USUALLY BE COMMUNICATED VIA EMAIL AND OR TEXT AND THE WCG WEBSITE. IT IS IN THE MEMBERS INTEREST TO CHECK THE WEBSITE REGULARLY AND IF THEY HAVE ANY QUERIES TO EMAIL OR RING THEIR A SHURA MEMBER.
CONTACT DETAILS: ALL MEMBERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR CORRECT NAME/ ADDRESS, OWN HOME/ MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESS/S.
MEMBERS MUST CONTACT A SHURA MEMBER OR EMAIL WCG IMMEDIATELY IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE TO THEIR CONTACT DETAILS
4. WCG PAYMENTS/ LATE PAYMENTS:
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID EITHER ONLINE OR BY DIRECT DEBIT/ ANNUAL STANDING ORDER USING YOUR REFERENCE– THE MEMBERSHIP NUMBER FIRST FOLLOWED BY THE MEMBERS INITIAL AND SURNAME. IF YOU DO NOT USE YOUR REFERENCE CORRECTLY, WCG WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS OR RECOGNISE YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE.
APPLICATIONS/ PAYMENTS TO BE MADE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER 1ST JUNE AND LATEST 30TH JUNE EACH YEAR. ANY PAYMENT/ APPLICATION THEREAFTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE “CLEARED” TO WCG BANK ACCOUNT BY 30TH JUNE. ANY PAYMENT THEREAFTER WILL BE RETURNED UNLESS THE MEMBER HAS EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE AND HAS ARRANGED A “LATE PAYMENT PLAN” WITH WCG.
LATE PAYMENTS: ANY FEE THAT IS PAID IN LATE (AFTER 30TH JUNE) WITHOUT WCG ARRANGING A “LATE PAYMENT PLAN” WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. PLEASE NOTE: NO REMINDERS WILL BE SENT AS IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WCG MEMBERS TO PAY ON TIME AND ACCORDING TO THE REQUIRED WCG RULES. MEMBERS WILL BE GIVEN A “COURTESY” REMINDER PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE VIA EMAIL AND OR TEXT OF THEIR OBLIGATION TO PAY WITHIN THE TIME FRAME. IT IS THE MEMBERS RESPONSIBILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH WCG IF THEY ARE EXPERIENCING FINANCIAL OR CIRCUMSTANTIAL DIFFICULTY BEFORE THE DEADLINE AND CERTAINLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. (IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER AND KEEP YOUR CONTACT DETAILS UP TO DATE. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN MOBILE NUMBERS AND EMAILS).
YOU CAN EMAIL OR RING ANY SHURA MEMBER IF YOU NEED HELP
“PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU IN SHA’ ALLAH”.
5. “NEW MEMBERSHIP” APPLICATION REQUESTS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM THE CHILDREN OF EXISTING MEMBERS.
NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORMS ARE ON THE WEBSITE AND MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE AND EMAILED TO WCB AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE STARTING FROM 1ST JUNE AND ENDING 30th JUNE EACH YEAR, ATTACHING PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION (PASSPORT/ LICENCE). WCG ONLY TAKES “NEW MEMBERS” whom are “eligible”, THAT ARE THE CHILDREN OF THOSE FROM GHORGUSHTI.
· WCG DO NOT TAKE GRAND CHILDREN WHOM GRAND PARENTS ARE MEMBERS BUT THE PARENTS ARE NOT MEMBERS.
· WCG IS NOT TAKING MEMBERS OLDER THAN 40 YEARS OF AGE.
NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NEW TO THE UK FROM GHORGUSHTI: YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO APPLY (PROVING YOUR ELIGIBILITY- proof you are from Ghorgushti & PASSPORT COPY/ VISA – proof of residency may be required), HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE, ANY “ELIGIBLE APPLICANT” FROM GHORGUSHTI THAT IS NEW TO WCG MUST NOTE ANY SPOUSE ON THEIR MEMBERSHIP THAT IS OVER THE AGE OF 40 WILL NOT BE COVERED BY WCG. (REFER TO AGE RELATED RULE- SUBJECT TO PAYING AGE RELATED and ARREARS FEES)
6. LATE PAYMENT OF FEES: CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
THE DEADLINE FOR NEW MEMBERSHIP/S AND PAYMENT OF ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION IS 30TH JUNE EVERY YEAR. IF PAYMENT IS NOT CLEARED INTO WCG BANK ACCOUNT BY 30TH JUNE, THE MEMBERSHIP WILL BE CANCELLED. IF THE SAID MEMBER WISHES TO RE-JOIN WCG, IT WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SHURA AND IF DEEMED ELIGIBLE- PLEASE REFER TO RULE NO 9- subject to age related fees and arrears.
7. OPTING TO LEAVE WCG: IF ANY MEMBER OPTS TO LEAVE THE WCG THEY SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REIMBURSEMENT AND WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ANY BENEFITS IN THE EVENT OF A DEATH.
8. EX- MEMBERS (Due to late/ non payment) If YOU WISH TO REJOIN WCG: IT WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SHURA. IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO REJOIN WCG, IT MUST BE WITHIN ONE YEAR OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP BEING CANCELLED AND SUBJECT TO PAYING THE “NEW MEMBERS” AGE RELATED FEES AND ANY ARREARS APPLICABLE. (AGAIN REFER TO RULE NO 9)
9. NEW MEMBERSHIP/ FEES: ( THIS CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO WCG SHURA MASHWARA/ CONSULTATION)
“NEW MEMBERSHIP” APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM THE CHILDREN OF EXISTING MEMBERS. (1st June to 30th June yearly)
AGE RELATED FEES:
ARREARS will be calculated according to age and applicable from the age of 16 for males or from the date of marriage or moving out from the family home for female applicants. PLEASE NOTE: ANY MALE APPLICANT THAT HAS TURNED 16 AND HAS FAILED TO TAKE OUT HIS OWN MEMBERSHIP FOR A FEW YEARS OR A FEMALE WHOM HAS MOVED AWAY FROM THE FAMILY HOME AND OR HAS MARRIED AND ALSO FAILED TO APPLY FOR HER OWN MEMBERSHIP FOR A FEW YEARS WILL BE ASSESSED BY THE SHURA FOR ELIGIBILTY, AS LONG DELAYS ARE UNACCEPTABLE AND DETRIMENTAL TO WCG- WE HAVE TO CONSIDER THE INTERESTS OF WCG.
● AGES 16 – 18 YEAR OLD BOYS – One-off fee of £100
● AGES 19 – 29 YEAR OLDS – APPLICATION FEE OF £300 PLUS £50 PER ANNUM FOR ARREARS NOT PAID.
● AGES 30 – 40 YEAR OLDS – APPLICATION FEE £500 PLUS £50 PER ANNUM MISSED FOR ARREARS NOT PAID.
● ANY ONE OFF CONCESSIONS MADE BY WCG MEMBERS SUCH AS ANNUAL FEES ARE APPLICABLE TO EXISTING MEMBERS AND DO NOT APPLY TO “NEW MEMBERS”. When new applications arrears are calculated no concession is given based on concessions given in the past to existing members.
● SINGLE DAUGHTERS WHOM BOTH PARENTS ARE NOW DECEACED (whom were previously covered through her parents). THE PARENT or (WCG MEMBERSHIP NUMBER) WILL ROLL OVER TO HER POSESSION AND SHE WILL BECOME THE MEMBER AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ANNUAL WCG FEE.
● WOMAN MARRYING OR MOVING AWAY FROM THE FAMILY HOME, PREVIOUSLY COVERED BY HER FATHER’S/ MOTHER’S WCG MEMBERSHIP. SHE MUST TAKE OUT HER OWN “NEW APPLICATION MEMBERSHIP” AS THEY ARE NO LONGER COVERED! ANY LENGTHY DELAYS IN APPLYING WILL BE SUBJECT TO SHURA ASSESSMENT AND YOU MAY JEOPARDISE YOUR ELIBILITY TO APPLY. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED, AGE RELATED FEES WILL AND ARREARS WILL APPLY- refer to Rule 9.
● YOU WILL RETAIN YOUR WCG MEMBERSHIP IN YOUR OWN NAME AS IT IS YOU THAT CARRY WCG MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY.
●ANY FEMALE MEMBER WHOM MARRIES A SPOUSE THAT IS NOT FROM GHORGUSHTI WILL RETAIN HER MEMBERSHIP UP UNTIL SHE DECEASES, WHERE UPON HER MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES. HER SPOUSE, NOT BEING FROM GHORGUSHTI, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT MEMBERSHIP AS IT WAS HER THAT WAS ELIGIBILE.
MEN WHOM ARE WCG MEMBERS: IF A MAN IS MARRIED, HIS WIFE, ANY SON/S UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN ARE COVERED AND “UNMARRIED” DAUGHTERS ARE COVERED UP UNTIL THE POINT THEY MARRY OR MOVE AWAY FROM THE FAMILY HOME.
Any male that is covered under his spouses membership and his spouse dies may only continue that said membership by paying the annual fee with no break, may do so providing he is from Ghorgushti. (Refer to RULE 9 and 10 for male children whom are 16 and above).
10. MALE CHILDREN WHO ARE NOW 16 AND OVER SHOULD APPLY FOR THEIR OWN MEMBERSHIP. AGES 19 AND OVER- AGE RELATED FEES AND ARREARS APPLY And please note any long delays in joining will be assessed and at the discretion of the Shura as to whether it if accepted.
11. WIDOWS OF MEMBERS MUST CONTINUE THEIR HUSBAND’S MEMBERSHIP. THEY WILL ONLY NEED TO PAY THE ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE AS PART OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP (WITH NO BREAK IN THEIR MEMBERSHIP), IF THEY HAVE SONS UNDER 16 AND UNMARRIED DAUGHTERS WHOM LIVE AT HOME, THEN THEY WILL ALSO BE COVERED.
12. WIDOWS WHOSE HUSBANDS WERE NOT PREVIOUS MEMBERS OF WCG ARE NOT COVERED EVEN IF THEIR SON/S ARE WCG MEMBERS. THE CHAIN OF ELIGIBILITY STARTS FROM THE TOP (OLDER) TO THE BOTTOM (YOUNGER) WITH NO BREAKS IN BETWEEN!
13. IF A MEMBER DIVORCES HIS WIFE, THEN SHE WILL NO LONGER BE COVERED AND MUST APPLY FOR HER OWN MEMBERSHIP. Refer to Rule 9- New application fee (age related) and arrears apply. If the females age is above 40 years of age, it will be at the Shura’s discretion to assess if its in WCG’S interest to accept or refuse membership.
14. IF A MEMBERS’ DAUGHTER (WHO IS FROM GHORGHUSTI) MARRIES SOMEONE FROM OUTSIDE OF GHORGHUSTI – SHE WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR HER OWN MEMBERSHIP. HER HUSBAND WILL BE COVERED WITH HER (Her Annual FEE will be determined by her AGE AND ANY ARREARS APPLICABLE– REFER TO RULE 9). SHE WILL RETAIN THE MEMBERSHIP NUMBER IN HER NAME AS IT IS SHE WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR WCG MEMBERSHIP .
15. IN THE EVENT OF A MEMBER PASSING AWAY:
● IF THE NEED ARISES TO SEND THE DECEASED TO PAKISTAN FROM ENGLAND*: IF A MEMBER WHOM IS DECEASED WHOS FAMILY MEMBER/ HEIR IS TRAVELLING TO PAKISTAN WCG WILL PAY ONE RELATIVE’S RETURN AIRPLANE TICKET (ECONOMY), PLUS £500 SHALL BE BORNE BY WCG.
● IN THE EVENT OF A MEMBER PASSING AWAY IN THE UK or HIS DEPENDENT COVERED UNDER THE MAIN MEMBER: THE WORD “DEPENDENTS” CONNOTES: WIFE, UNMARRIED DAUGHTERS THAT LIVE AT THE MEMBERS HOME (proof of residency may be required) AND SONS UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YEARS).
WCG WILL ISSUE A CHEQUE OF THE EXPENSES TO THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR, ONCE AN ORIGINAL RECEIPT/ INVOICE HAS BEEN PROVIDED FROM THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR.
● IN CASE OF A MEMBER PASSING AWAY IN PAKISTAN: THE DECEASED MEMBERS LEGAL HEIR WILL BE ENTITLED TO THE COST OF ONE AIR TICKET RETURN (ECONOMY) AND £500. (A RECEIPT WILL BE REQUIRED OF THE TICKET).
*WCG WILL ONLY REPATRIATE A DECEASED MEMBER FROM ENGLAND TO PAKISTAN. WE WILL NOT REPATRIATE A BODY FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY TO ENGLAND OR TO PAKISTAN.
IT IS MORE COMMON FOR PEOPLE TO TRAVEL ABROAD ON HOLIDAYS AND WCG IS NOT LIABLE FOR A MEMBER WHOM PASSES AWAY IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY.
· IN THE EVENT OF A MEMBER DYING IN ENGLAND AWAY FROM THEIR HOME. WCG WILL COLLECT A DECEASED MEMBER TO BRING BACK TO THEIR REGISTERED RESIDENTIAL HOME IN THE UK FOR BURIAL WITHIN ENGLAND.
16. IN CASE OF DEATH OF A MEMBER’S WIFE OR OTHER DEPENDENTS WHILST IN PAKISTAN, WCG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ANY EXPENDITURE IN THIS REGARD.
· Any member choosing to use an external undertaker will have to provide a quote beforehand for their services, original receipt/invoice so WCG can settle the invoice and it has to be competitive with our own recommended undertaker service provider.
WCG will not provide receipts for the purpose of members making claims from bereavement benefits.
17. IF A MEMBER HAS MULTIPLE WIVES, THEN THE DEATH BENEFIT FOR HIS WIVES WILL BE APPORTIONED BETWEEN THE WIVES IN THE EVENT OF THEIR DEATHS. THIS MEANS THAT ONLY THE RELEVANT PART OF THE FUNERAL EXPENSES WILL BE PAID FOR EACH WIFE ON HER DEATH BY THE COMMITTEE.
· A MALE OR FEMALE WCG MEMBER WHO WAS MARRIED AND CLAIMED IN FULL AGAINST THEIR SPOUSE PASSING MAY NOT ADD A SECOND SPOUSE TO THEIR MEMBERSHIP AS WCG IS ONLY LIABLE TO PAY FOR ONE SPOUSE.
18. Voluntary FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS. WCG ENCOURAGES CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COMMITTEE FROM THE FAMILIES OF RECENTLY DECEASED MEMBERS. WE WELCOME ANY CONTRIBUTIONS AND IT IS DEEMED AS LILLAH.
19. ANY PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE WELFARE COMMITTEE’S RULES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE AMEER (CHAIR) AND SHURA (CONSULTATION GROUP) IN A GENERAL MEETING. THESE WILL BE CONSIDERED BUT THE FINAL DECISION TO ACCEPT ANY AMENDMENTS WILL REMAIN WITH THE AMEER & SHURA.
20. THE DECISIONS OF WCG MUST BE RESPECTED BY THE MEMBERS. IF MEMBERS DO NOT ACCEPT THIS THEN THEIR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE TERMINATED.
21. CODE OF CONDUCT:
WCG’S principles have always been one of Mercy and according to Al Quran Majeed and The Sunnah of The Beloved Prophet Muhammed (P.B.U.H). The shura and members are held to this conduct as we interact with each other.
All Shura members work sincerely with integrity on the basis of Fisabilillah (VOLUNTARILY). We will do our best to help our members in the most difficult time of their life’s. We will always try to put Mercy first and foremost but be fair to our paying members. It is sad to report more recently Shura members have experienced, rude and abusive behaviour whilst carrying out their duties.
We operate a policy of zero tolerance towards such behaviour and as such we will initially warn an abusive member of their behaviour/conduct and if this continues, WCG Shura will consult regarding the removal of that member forthwith. It is impossible to process a payment if a member is unwilling to simply cooperate.
ALL MEMBERS ARE REMINDED THAT AS MEMBERS YOU ARE TO UPHOLD THE RULES AND FOLLOW PAYMENT GUIDELINES REGARDING DEADLINE DATES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY YOUR ANNUAL FEES YEARLY TO QUOTE YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER/S CORRECTLY AND USE THIS AS A REFERENCE (REFER RULE NO 4).
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP PROOF OF YOUR PAYMENTS. WCG SENDS OUT EMAILS AS A “COURTESY” REMINDING TO YOU OF THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT. PLEASE PAY ANNUALLY ON TIME SO YOUR FEE IS CLEARED INTO WCG ACCOUNT “BEFORE 30TH JUNE” USING YOUR MEMBERSHIP REFERENCE/S.
WCG SHURA WORK AND CONSULT /MASHWARA FOR THE GREATER BETTERMENT OF THE MEMBERS AND WCG AS SUCH SOME RULES/FEES ETC WILL BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. WE WILL ALWAYS TRY OUR BEST TO INFORM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN SHA ALLAH.
PLEASE BE AWARE, WE TREAT ALL NEW APPLICATIONS AND OUR MEMBERS EQUALLY AND WE WILL NOT SHOW FAVOURITISM. WE WORK HARD AND WITH DUE DILIGENCE TO PROTECT THE SERVICES OF WCG AND THINK YEARS AHEAD TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE ITS SERVICES IN SHA ALLAH.
PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU AND ALWAYS WITH MERCY IN SHA ALLAH.